Friday, June 15, 2012

Babies!

Who doesn't love a baby?  Seeing babies just makes you want to say, "awwwwe!"  It doesn't even matter what kind of babies they are. I have been seeing babies in my backyard for quite some time.  Every time I see one I have to call for my "babies" to come see what has shown up next...
Ducklings are one of my favorite kinds of babies! We took bread
to the park to feed ducks and were thrilled to see all these babies!

These babies completely baffle me!  Are the Canada Geese?  That's who they
were hanging out with!  They look a lot like swans, but look at the coloring on their necks.





Someday this cutie will grow up and eat my flowers!  Right
now I'm saying, "Awwwwwe!"
Here they are two of my three little playmates!


I still have more baby pictures.  I found my friend at Snickety Things when I clicked on a picture she
had taken of a Killdeer for a contest.  I entered the same contest, but what we won was friendship!! I thought of her when I saw this young Killdeer at the mall, of all places.  I waited in the parking lot while my daughter was inside shopping with a friend.  
It was hard to get a picture of this little guy.  He was moving so fast
and his dad was keeping a watchful eye on him...

I still have more baby pictures.  I hope you aren't awed out!  These last two may be my favorites.  No, no my favorite babies are human babies!
They are the best at snuggling and I like watching them grow.  I remember my mom saying that if all the world leaders sat down at a meeting together with a baby in their arms they would speak kindly to one another and we would have peace on earth!  Babies are that awwwesome!




These babies look a bit evil!

I give the Tufted Titmouse the award for cutest baby!
 School's out...Does that mean I can spend my days birding?  Nope!  Time to move, but I'd rather be birding!

3 comments:

  1. That is one fantastic killdeer shot, Jenny -- did you have to lie down on the ground to take it?! The flower stem adds an interesting note to the composition. Is this the one you entered in that competition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to show the baby killdeer to the girls. They never got to see what the babies looked like. I'm really glad I entered the picture into the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right-that baby titmouse is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete