Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Drink Your Tea!


Spring is definetly here!  Isn't it wonderful to wake up to the sound of birds singing?  Today I heard one of my favorite bird songs..."Drink your tea".  I thought he sang coffee, so I had coffee instead of tea.  Do any birders drink tea?  Coffee has just always seemed more effective to me.  Have you guessed which bird was in my yard today?  Here is another clue.  This one is a picture.
This is the picture I took before church.  He was there before I snapped the picture.  I told my family I wouldn't be going  to church because of a to(e) emergency.  They didn't fall for it...

We had to rush right home after church.  I was greeted by  his cherwink call and later by the Eastern Towhee's "drink your tea" song.

Classified as a large sparrow, you can see them hopping back and forth with both feet in leaf litter.
I'm off to do laundry, but I'd rather be birding!
Jenny

7 comments:

  1. That sure is a great sign that spring is here!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. I deleted that somehow.... I magnified the 1st picture and could have swore I saw a bird with a long neck. Seriously! Then I looked again and I decided it looked more like a snake. Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Delighted! It made me laugh thinking of you trying to find the bird! Thanks for trying so hard and Yikes...I hope it wasn't a snake!
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. To(e) emergency...I like that one! You are lucky to get these guys in your yard. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a fun evening. I don't remember much about the church service...I was just anxious to get home! ;)

    ReplyDelete