Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Usual Suspects!

I would like to announce that we are 90% moved! There is still some "stuff" in our old house that will have to come out before we can put a sold sign on it. Not to worry...It hasn't sold, yet. Any are welcome to crash there as needed...Just bring your own bed and leave a quarter on the counter every time you open the fridge. When you leave take a bag of anything you can find with you. I'd like to just have someone haul what's left away. Do I really need all those boxes of mystery items in the basement?  Good riddance to all that rubbish. It's time to get back to the business of life!

So, here I am at a new house. New possibilities. New furniture. New floors. New birds? Not really! That's okay. I've been able to start a new list. My list has so far been just the usual suspects. Now stop laughing. I know I just moved across the street, but I can still hope for a different bird or two in this yard. I do have the same turkeys, but I've never seen a turkey do this...


Speaking of suspicious behavior. I'm guessing this guy is up to no good. Look at his positioning! I'm hoping he'll go for a bit larger prey than my House Wrens!


I'm so happy with the bird activity that I do have in my yard. Even though it is just the usual backyard birds, there seems to be a lot more of them! I'm going to leave you with a few more snapshots of birds in my yard.  It's back to work for me!




3 comments:

  1. Blue Jays, Cardinals, and a kitty. Heaven. I'd kind of like to see the kitty go after the turkey, but only in my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one handsome kitty. However, you are right, he is up to NO good. He will hunt down your best birds. My advice is to steal yourself against his cuteness and go after him with a hose turned on full blast whenever you spy him in your yard. If you make him paranoid while he is in your yard he won't be as effective a hunter.

    ReplyDelete