Saturday, April 21, 2012

Morning Symphony


I had front row seats at the symphony this morning.  The surround sound speakers added to the ambiance of the performance.  The rendition of "Oh, Sweet Canada" was particularly moving.  The White-throated Sparrows were well tuned and the way the conductor spread them across the stage was amazing.  The bass drum of the Pileated Woodpecker was resonant and clear.  When the House Wren joined the cacophony the crowd gasped with excitement.  I must give honorable mention to the Mourning Dove's alto voice as it added a richness that had this listener begging for more!

When I read the above to my husband he replied, "You put the nut in bird-nut!"  I took those words as great encouragement and as the compliment I know he was extending.

My son is an accomplished musician.  He loves to write his won music.  For Mother's Day last year he composed a song for me using nothing but bird sounds.  I couldn't help but think of his song this morning when I was bombarded by the delightful symphony of birds greeting the morning sun.  You've got to listen to it.  You'll agree, it's pretty sweet!  The only way I can figure out to share it with you is by putting  it into a video with some of my bird pictures. Billy's Bird Song features my talented amazing son in one of the pictures!! Someday I'll take the time to put the right birds making the sounds with the pictures.  Today I was hastily putting it together to share with you because I'd rather be birding!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Billy's Bird Song, and am totally and completely envious that you have so many different birds to perform for you! I too feel like I'm the audience to a symphony when I head outside . . . I love to close my eyes and just listen to the birds and squirrels. Add the percussion of the windchimes, and the roar of the engines (car or mower, etc.) and it really feels like quite the performance!

    ReplyDelete